This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here
A lot of people crave to be taller to stand out from the crowd. This trend has given birth to various types of supplements.
Although these supplements are effective and are available without medical supervision. Most of them have somewhat adverse effects.
Hence, we are here to introduce you to an ancient Indian-medicinal system of Ayurveda. The medicinal herbs used in this system are not only effective but also safe.
Therefore, let’s have a look at Ashwagandha, which can be used to increase your height.
In this article, we have discussed,
- The origin and significance of Ashwagandha
- Why is it used for increasing height?
- How does it affect growth before and after 18?
- Consumption methods of this Ayurveda medicine
- FAQs, Advice, and more
About Ashwagandha – Quick Overview
Ashwagandha is a medicinal herb that can be used for the treatment of various health conditions. The scientific name for it is Ginseng.
Generally, you can find it growing in various parts of India, the Middle East, and Africa.
Moreover, this Ayurveda medicine can help you treat weakness, anxiety, depression, female fertility, arthritis, neurodegenerative diseases, and many more. You can also find it in powder, capsule, and tablet form.
Let’s see how Ashwagandha can help you with your height
Does Ashwagandha Increase Height?
You will be amazed to know that Ashwagandha root is rich in steroidal lactose, alkaloids, and flavonoids. All these components are essential for the stimulation of growth hormones in the human body.
Hence, you can use it to increase your height.
Increasing Height Before 18
Ashwagandha has also titled ‘the winter cherry’ for increasing your height. It contains gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) which is the most critical hormone for height growth, especially in females.
Furthermore, you can increase your height up to 4-6 inches after 3-4 months of using Ashwagandha regularly. The results may vary from person to person.
Note: If you have any questions about Ashwagandha visit our website.
Keep in mind that it will work only if you are going through puberty.
Note: Ashwagandha does not directly affect your height, instead, it increases your bone density and other related hormones. Some of you might not experience height growth due to genetics
Keep in mind that Ashwagandha is a stimulator and does not work on its own. It is essential that you combine it with a healthy diet, exercise, better sleep, and good posture to see significant results.
Increasing Height After 18
Well, if your age is 18 or more, there is a very rare chance of height growth. It is because the process of bone fusion occurs between 18 and 22 years of age. This process happens in girls earlier as compared to boys.
Furthermore, using Ashwagandha regularly at this age can increase a few centimeters of height in boys only.
Although Ashwagandha helps gain overall weight by maintaining your muscle and bone mass. It affects all three dimensions of your body. But once your bones are fused, the vertical growth of your body is nearly impossible.
Note: if you gain information about What is the Difference between Ashwagandha Root and Extract click HERE.
Tip: If you are still worried about your height after 18, you are recommended to visit an endocrinologist.
How Does Ashwagandha Increase Height?
Ashwagandha works in the following ways to increase your height:
- It is rich with GABA, an inhibitory neurotransmitter. An increase in GABA significantly increases the human growth hormone (HGH). It plays a vital role in the development of the female body
- An increase in HGH has a calming effect on the brain and soothes nervous system activities. In return, fears, depression, and anxiety are also reduced.
- Once your body is calm, you can experience better sleep and which is critical for height growth. If you are habitual of taking an imbalanced diet, your sleep cycle might get disturbed by it further inhibiting your height growth.
- Besides height growth, Ashwagandha is also beneficial for bone formation, muscle growth, and strength build-up.
- You can also regulate your brain and bone function by the rich amino acids in this medicinal herb. Blood sugar lever and cholesterol levels are also maintained by consuming it regularly.
Note: If you want to know more information about Ashwagandha click HERE.
How to Take Ashwagandha for Height Growth?
You can take Ashwagandha in the form of a capsule or powder.
A capsule of 450-550 mg should be taken once or twice a day for increasing height. You are advised to take it for 3-4 months regularly with lukewarm water or warm milk.
In the case of powder, mix a 1/2 teaspoon of Ashwagandha in lukewarm water or milk before going to bed for 3-4 months. Furthermore, you can mix the powder in other edibles such as ghee, milkshakes, energy balls, smoothies, etc.
Note: If you want to gain information about Is it Best to Take Ashwagandha at Night? click HERE.
Note: If you are diabetic or take other medications, you are strongly advised to consult a doctor before using this herb.
Tip: Ashwanghdha works best with a full stomach, therefore, try taking a tablet right after dinner.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does Ashwagandha provide any other benefits besides height growth?
This Ayurveda medicine comes with a long list of benefits besides height growth. Here are some of them:
- Improves hair health
- Improves sleep quality
- Reduces stress, anxiety, depression
- Helps in female fertility and treats PCOS
- Regulates sugar and cholesterol levels in the body
- Cures anemia and other inflammations in the body
How long does it take for Ashwagandha to increase a person’s height?
Ashwagandha does not have any dictated time to increase a person’s height. In fact, most people start experiencing results after 3-4 months of daily dosages.
You can take the right amount of this medicine combined with exercise and a healthy diet to get desirable results.
Keep in mind that this herb only helps you increase your height when your growth period is active. Once your active growth period is ended, further consumption of it will not produce any height shift.
Are there any side effects of Ashwagandha?
This centuries-old medicine is considered a safe supplement as no severe side effects are reported to date. Although, the following minor side effects may vary from person to person.
- Dioherriaa and vomiting may be a result of overdosing
- You can be prone to auto-immune diseases. It is because your immune system is activated by this medicine
- Some people experience irritation in the gastrointestinal tract
- Might get a feeling of dizziness and blurry vision due to overdose
- High stimulation of acid in the stomach
Does taking Ashwagandha with milk work for height growth?
Yes, you can take this medicinal powder with milk. We recommend you mix ½-1 teaspoon powder in warm milk and take it once or twice after meals.
Coming towards the end of this article, we hope you’re now aware of Ashwagandha and its effectiveness in height growth.
You can significantly increase your height by 4-6 inches by consuming this medicinal herb for several months.
Just remember that if you are 18 years old or more, there is a very less chance of vertical growth even if you constantly take Ashwagandha.
Therefore, using Ashwagandha can improve your overall health and add quality to your lifestyle.
If you want to take information about how you can take care of your body and mind we have a complete guide visit our website.